Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My EBSCOhost

It was really easy to set up a My EBSCOhost account--the trickiest part will probably be remembering my new username.

Setting preferences was easy as well and I really like that it is a pop-up screen instead of an actual page you have to visit. This makes it easy to see how changes you make affect what you see and you don't have to abandon a search just to change the options back if you don't like how you set your preferences.

I think these options are going to help me a lot in my research for school (and I'm not sure but I think the options will carry over for both UWM's EBSCOhost databases as well as ours, depending on which library I'm logged into at the time).

The visual search is also fun to use. I like how the connections between terms are more obvious than they were in Credo's concept map. I think I prefer traditional searching for "serious" research but visual searching makes casual browsing more fun.

No comments: